Sunday, November 15, 2015

Bodybuilding Journey Fall 2015 Part IV

#BeastMom Laura Dennie was up first. She took a trophy home at Mike Davies's NPC Ohio State show on September 26th. A couple weeks later she showed again in Figure at the NPC Northern Ohio in Lakewood. I was amazed at how much she improved from show to show. You can customize your physique so much in two weeks.



My struggle was getting my quads to pop, or "drying them out." I had lean, mean muscle everywhere else but it wasn't showing as well in my legs.

 When I hit this pose, Mike Davies would say "MONEY!" 
Is that a shelf, or my upper pecs?


A couple of things in Arnold's Bodybuilding guide that I embraced from jump was his advice to have a photoshoot the Sunday before my show, and to pose......a lot! Now a modeling portfolio is being built.

My goal was to show people if their desire was strong enough, they could accomplish whatever they chose. I wanted to show them that I was committed to the cause. I live healthy eating, healthy thinking, and hard work. I gave them a reason to follow my lead. I was showing them directly and indirectly how to win. I used the hatred and fugaziness shown toward me as fuel. It was exciting, and I did it all my way.

After my very first spray tan. It's showtime!
I can't believe I am admitting this but one of the best things about getting spray tanned the night before a show is the relaxation and requirement to go commando up until it starts. So much freedom in that:-)


 If you are not smiling the morning of your competition then you are a loser! You have put in all the hard work. Early mornings and late evenings in the gym. Disciplined meal plan with major restrictions the last week. Money spent, rules followed, preparation done. The day has come. SMILE!


There are more than a thousand reasons to do a bodybuilding competition. Some do it for confidence, others do it for the challenge, and many more do it for the competition. Everyone has their reason to pose onstage almost completely naked for others to judge them. I have much respect for the sport of bodybuilding and those that laid down the foundation for it. One thing I will never do is inject steroids into my body, nor will I coach an athlete that does. It's just not that serious!


This here is a pose that Davies taught me a few days before the show. Boom!
 The results of my 1st Bodybuilding competition at NOBA Fall Classic: 3rd place Novice, 1st place Heavyweight, lost overall battle to a lightweight.


The results of Rafa's 1st Bikini competition at NOBA Fall Classic: 1st place Bikini Novice, 1st place Bikini Tall, lost overall battle to a shorty.

So much success for first timers. The blueprint is working. I've become a competitive bodybuilder and a competitive coach at the same time. Rafaela deserved every ounce of her success. She put in all the effort it required to be 1st place. We rocked the show. We learned a lot. We had fun. And we were hungrier than we had every been......for SUCCESS and for FOOD! Time to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment