Sunday, November 15, 2015

Bodybuilding Journey Fall 2015 Part III

I knew I had my work cut out for me, but one thing I wasn't going to leave to question was my work ethic. I committed to training, and training hard. As a matter of fact, training became more important than my business and the service I provided others. There was nothing more important. I had committed to being on stage in front of hundreds of people wearing tiny underwear......I was not going to fumble the ball on this one.

I knew posing was important. I did not know that the person coaching your posing was more important.  I went to posing workshops, and even drove to Dayton one time to work with a coach. I also referred my battle buddy to a female coach that I barely knew. Lucky for me, Rafaela, the tall, gorgeous Brazilian Bikini competitor put herself in a position to be coached by someone I've respected since I started training. Every trainer worth their weight in Columbus has heard of Mike Davies. He's coached at a high level for a long time. His reputation precedes him. Even when I was new to the training game in Columbus I knew that Mike was someone I needed to know. Because of Rafaela, I got the chance.

I soaked up every bit of knowledge that I could. It's like learning from a kung fu master. When you're around wisdom you talk less and listen more. There was no point in me talking about what I knew. My body showed that. Now was a time for me to get drilled and coached on how to get better.

And he assured me that I was on the right path, in my coaching and my own training. MORE CONFIRMATION that my blueprint was working. I earned the respect of a fitness legend.

It was coming! But I wasn't quite there yet. I needed to get my body Turnt Up. 

My commitment to a bodybuilding lifestyle was at an all time high.....literally....when I went to Beaver Creek, Colorado for Todd Durkin's Mastermind Retreat. This was a perfect time to pick the brains of World Class fitness professionals. To gain ideas to build and sustain million dollar health and fitness businesses. I had the opportunity to do that. And I also received confirmation from them that I was on the right path. I used all my free time in high altitude to train. I went from training twice a day to three times. My eating wasn't at it's best but that was ok. I was working hard.....and breathing some damn good air.
My mentor Todd Durkin is an expert at getting people FIRED UP! 

Then it's back to reality!

 The mission was on! The energy was creating and attracting fit, healthy, lean physiques.
 And I felt good about taking topless high-speed selfies in the gym. Coordination, balance, strength, desire.....I got it all baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment