Friday, August 9, 2013

IDEA World Fitness Convention Los Angeles 2013 Day #2

The 2nd morning started off with Booty Camp. I registered for this class strictly to get some new material for my female clients. The instructor, Mindy Mylrea, is the creator of the Gliding discs. She used plenty of equipment in her class including stability balls, bands, BOSU balls, bender balls, and her Gliding discs. And she literally kicked our butts.
I think she likes me. There were at least 150 people in her class and she singled me out to give me her DVD😁

After that, I attended a TRX circuit training class. I don't have much experience with the TRX but I do know many people enjoy working with it so I figured it would be a good idea to learn more. 

I have to admit, TRX is an extremely effective piece of equipment to be so simple. When used correctly, almost every exercise forces you to engage your core. My favorite exercise was the hamstring curl. I'm not sure if I've ever felt a burn in my hammys that deep.

After a couple more lectures I got ahold of my family and we went out to kick it.
My cousin Ashley hooked everything up. She picked me up from the hotel and took me to meet my other cousins (her brothers) Dwayne and Brian. Dwayne and I got into some late night festivities after at a spot called Sams. He showed me a good time. It was exactly what I needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment