Monday, August 12, 2013

IDEA World Fitness Convention Los Angeles 2013 Day 3

Does your favorite trainer have a favorite alcoholic beverage? 
3 Patrón giblets and 4 hours of sleep later I find myself fighting for my life. I attend a workout with the Gilad of the new millennium, the real deal
Tony Horton, creator of the P90X series. He is as advertised. I feel like I am, or I attempt to be on another level of trainers and fitness instructors. This guy is on another PLANET. He has a deep passion for fitness and he shares it.
The amazing thing to me is how he finds the time and and energy to take care of his body, market, do and study strength training, Pilates, MMA, yoga, etc. 
his class was based around his upcoming P90X 3. It was challenging to say the least.
I did not get a chance to stay for pictures after class because I needed breakfast and my next class was important to me, "How to Become a Social Media Star." 
Featuring Cassey Ho
Not sure if the class was as helpful as I expected but boy was she fun to look at. You can find her on YouTube, Facebook, twitter, Pinterest, etc. She is a social media star.
After a little lunch I was fortunate enough to take an informative group fitness lecture. Steve Renata, a lead instructor for Les Mills Fitness; Darren Jacobson, the programming instructor for Zumba; and Randy Hetrick the inventor and founder of TRX.
This lecture was very insightful and convicted me in several ways. One important lesson I took from it was to "create a cause, not a business." It should spend more time focusing on a movement of helping people realize their full potential instead of focusing on how much money I can make.

With all that said, Sherri McMillan gave me a 12-month marketing plan that is going to help me reach a large audience and make plenty of money for expansion. I am excited to see how the next year goes for me and how well I apply the information learned. What an awesome conference.

Time to start taking action!

No comments:

Post a Comment