Thursday, August 8, 2013

IDEA World Fitness Convention Los Angeles 2013


Thank God for some time away from the normal day to day. I have been gone less than 24 hours and have already taken time to look back on things I do day to day and see what I can change and how I can do it.

The first day of the convention had kicked off. Thousands of health and fitness professionals are here from all over although most of the ones I've met are from California. Day 1 started off with MMA Training BootCamp.
MMA Fighter Coach Kearns was hard at work....and he made us break a serious sweat.


After breaking that big sweat I did an informative class with Dynamax med balls. I learned ways to maximize muscle recruitment in clients without having them deadlift and squats to the max. This will be particularly helpful for older clients.


We gotta work on the Subway guy's inspiration. I asked him to do 10 push-ups and he said no cause he couldn't get sweaty. Why are you here again sir?

Next I was fortunate enough to attend a class titled "Fitness Blueprint to Success." The instructor Todd Durkin has is a business owner, has an awesome brand and has worked with professional athletes in several major sports, most notably Drew Brees. 
His presentation skills are awesome and he is very energetic. I don't meet many people and say, "man if I could be more like them I would be a star," but TD is one of those guys.
There is also an ongoing expo. There are many vendors posted up trying to sell their products. As expected, some of them work very well and some have no use.

We finished off the night with a party in the Marriott. Free food and expensive drinks. Have you ever been to a party and the DJ played your song but cut it off in the middle to transition into another song. Yeah, we had that guy.😃

No comments:

Post a Comment