Friday, October 17, 2014

TD Mentorship San Diego Day 3.5- McCohn Muscle

Day 3.5! This is it! This was it! By far this was the best day of the mentorship for me. Actually, I can say with confidence this was one of the best days of my life. 
The first day of the mentorship when Todd Durkin took the floor, he kept repeating, "guys we're going to go deep. We're going to go deep." I started looking around thinking to myself, "I don't know what this guy means by that, but if he thinks he's gonna make me cry, he's out of his mind." Seriously!


w/my roommate Jimmy Mackey, owner of MACFit360

I told Jimmy the day before that there were going to be some people that struggled once they left the mentorship. Todd did an awesome job working with us, but he is external motivation. We can't take Todd with us when we leave. I predicted that some people were going to go back and do well for a week, then they were going to fall into the same old habits because they did not change on the inside. Everything I said sounded right until that moment when Todd forced all of us to look inside ourselves.

There was a 3-part presentation on leadership delivered by Mastermind mentors. One of them, Frank Pucher gave a presentation of Three Simple Lessons for Business and Life. Now I don't know all of Frank's story, but I do know that he was running a training facility in New Jersey when throat cancer tried to attack him. Long story short, he kicked cancer's a$$, and is healthy enough to speak about it. My biggest takeaway from his presentation, "you need a team to ensure success."

"Everything in life happens for us, not to us." -Kelli Corasanti
Kelli gave us some insight on what to do "When the Going Gets Tough." Since the summer of 2014 was such a rough patch in my life I could easily identify with what she was speaking. Journaling, meditation, and self talk had already become a part of my emotional fitness. For me, her presentation was confirmation that I was on the right track. 


 I think Larry Indiviglia may have been my biggest fan out there. He always had the camcorder in his hand shouting out something like, "let's go Ohio! C'mon Buckeye!" He was quite the motivator. In his presentation he referred back to his days in the Naval Academy. He stressed the importance of being a team player.

Speaking of a motivation.
w/Randy Soulier
He was one of my workout partners on Day 1. We did sprint training on the Woodway treadmill. 60+ years old, and when I tell you he was sprint training......he was sprint training!

The time came for Todd to wrap up his 3.5 Day Mentorship by having us "go deep." It was his desire that we reach inside ourselves and find our purpose, our meaning, our why. He set the mood by playing inspirational music, as he likes to say, "music moves the soul." 
With several writing exercises we all had to dig inside ourselves and write about what it was we were really here to do. What did we want to accomplish? When it was time for our lives to come to an end, how did we want to be remembered? Todd Durkin, leader, motivator, man, trainer extraordinaire opened himself up to us. When he began crying, that was all she wrote. By the time we were done, there were very few dry eyes in the room. It was very emotional. Pretty much everyone in that room came face to face with their purpose in life. After all the hugs, high fives, and kind exchanges, we all left knowing what we had to do and how we needed to change. I was walking on clouds.

This guy is a true leader. I was honored to be a part of something so powerful.

Now I have a free afternoon and evening. The weather is gorgeous and I'm trying to put some miles on this Mustang convertible. Somebody please show me around this city.

La Jolla (pronounced La Hoya)
Facebook says it's the most affluential city in the US. A four-bedroom house costs 1.5M
Don't know about that, but the scenery was breath-taking.
Well hello there! 

 My gorgeous tour guide. 
Pacific Beach, La Jolla, Balboa Park, Old Town. I got to see it all. Had some good food, some wine, and dessert at a place called Extraordinary Desserts. Entrepreneur thought: an Extraordinary Dessert in Columbus would compete with Jeni's Ice Cream. It was that good.

Euphoric! 

No comments:

Post a Comment