Thursday, October 16, 2014

TD Mentorship 2014 San Diego Day 1- McCohn Muscle

The Todd Durkin 2014 3.5 Day Mentorship came at exactly the right time. After a summer of excelling in training and business, while struggling with some personal issues I proudly limped into my 34th birthday, in need of a getaway. I don't take many vacations, or days off for that matter and getting out of my everyday environment could not have come at a better time. My clients showed me plenty of love on my birthday which had me feeling euphoric. Little did I know, that feeling would skyrocket over the next few days.

A lady at the airport in Minneapolis came up to me while I was eating and asked if I was this guy.......T.O! Terrell Owens. He's about 6ft3in and I'm 5ft9in but whatever. The important thing here is being mistaken for a superstar, millionaire, former NFL athlete. I'll take it as a compliment.

Sun's Out, Guns Out baby!

Everyday during the mentorship was 87 degrees and sunny. It was absolutely beautiful weather compared to all the thunderstorming going on back home in Ohio. The only time the weather felt inconvenient was during the first of our 3.5 days when we had a killer 4pm workout at Fitness Quest 10. During the workout we did Woodway treadmill sprints, hill sprints, shuttle runs (suicides), TRX, band training, kettlebells, med ball slams, push ups, ab rollers, battle ropes, and a few tools I had never used before. Training was at a high level!

Battle rope training mixed with plyometrics.

Girl look at that body! I work out!!
I just had a birthday, and fell off my meal plan a little bit. But I felt good enough to take my shirt off in front of 75 other trainers. Being fit feels good!


I don't know what other people were thinking about this and I really didn't care. TD told us to have fun and that is exactly what I did. I had to get the footage, because a few of my clients like to do The Wobble from time to time in the morning at Max Out Gym. We get down like that.

Rockin it!
While everybody else was working out, or taping us:-) Samantha Lazaris and I were doing The Wobble. She's a Wolverine fan but it's all good. I didn't hold it against her.

60+ trainers from all over the world attended this mentorship. Some had little experience in the fitness industry and others were absolute powerhouses. Meeting and working out with them, including the staff at Fitness Quest 10 was a great experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment